Monday, December 12, 2011

Santa Hat Brownies

First let me just say that 'pinning' is killing my creativity.  There is just too many cute things on there, why would I ever need to come up with my own ideas?  The Santa Hat Brownies were so cute I had to make them.  And so easy!  I used a box brownies (I know shame on me, but I just did my huge pile of dishes I didn't really want to make a million more.  Plus Ghirardelli is just so darn good, why mess with perfection?) I also made a cream cheese frosting, have I posted that recipe?  It's pretty delicious. 

Cream Cheese Frosting

Mix in standing mixer:
1/2 cup + 3 tbl butter
1 cup powdered sugar

Cream together until smooth and creamy

Add:
1 lb (2 boxes) softened cream cheese

Add:
lemon juice
vanilla bean paste

I just add a healthy squirt of lemon juice and vanilla bean paste (about 1 tbl each) to the mix and keep adding until it tastes just like cheesecake



No comments:

Post a Comment