Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Hawaiian Baby Shower

I finished a cake today made for a Hawaiian themed baby shower.  I was asked to make a cake by the soon to be (and very excited first time) grandparents.  They were throwing a huge Polynesian party complete with roasted pig and asked me to make something fabulous. 
I wanted to make her a cake that was simple, sweet and beautiful.  She gave me a picture of a Hawaiian themed wedding cake that she liked, and this is my version of it for a baby....

The baby is made out of fondant, the flowers gumpaste (I did not make these, I chose to take the short cut and buy them pre-made), my friend and I painted them after only a few trial and errors (thanks again Crystal my crafty friend:), the shells are chocolate and the sand is a graham cracker crust crushed up (yummy!)



I also made some mini cupcakes, some vanilla/lemon/carrot cake, vanilla pudding filled & topped with cream cheese frosting, then rolled in the graham cracker crumbs to again look like sand and topped with a little umbrella .

Congrats again to the Pickett family!  Thank you for letting me do you cake, this might be one of my new all time favs!

3 comments:

  1. OOOh vanilla pudding filled, sounds delic! It really did turn out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was really hard not to pop a cupcake in my mouth when I was setting them up at the party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing details from the Hawaiian Baby Shower. It was truly amazing. I would like to try such a cake for my best friend’s baby shower that I would be co-hosting with some friends at the garden themed LA venues. Keep sharing such ideas here.

    ReplyDelete