Monday, June 20, 2011

A Sweet 31 Party

I decided to host a small party with my favorite things:  sweets and champagne.  I made chocolate cupcakes with a beer buttercream (made with Deschutes dark IPA), chocolate covered strawberries, brownie bon bons, cookie pops, & my favorite peanut butter cookies topped with chocolate chunks. 

I invited a few friends, put on a pink dress, popped a few bottles of champagne and it was a sweet success!  Thanks to all that came over and celebrated with me, I wish I could have invited more people but unfortunately I have about a 4 person max occupancy in my teeny house!

My Son really liked my dessert themed birthday


The peanut butter cookie and chocolate cake recipe I posted already but the brownie bon bons are AWESOME and super easy:

You can make your own brownies, or buy a box mix, (if you decide to do the box option I highly recommend Ghiredelli's).  Make the brownies and let cool.

Scoop or cut out about a tablespoon worth of brownie, or larger/smaller depending on how big you want your bon bons.  Mold into a ball, brownies are so moist you don't need to add anything.  Just stay away from the edge pieces, they won't make a very smooth ball.  You'll have to think of other ways of disposing of those.....there's a slim (OK, maybe extremely likely) chance I ate mine.
Cover in chocolate.  For mine I melted semi-sweet chocolate chips with about 1 tablespoon of butter per bag of chips, and a little less then 1/4 cup heavy cream.  I wanted the chocolate to set up pretty good, so I didn't add as much cream and butter as I usually would for a ganache.

Set on waxed or parchment paper to dry, but while wet sprinkle with sprinkles, nuts, or whatever else you want to decorate with.  I did mine some with colored sprinkles, some with a chili/chocolate sugar, and some with a citrus sugar. 

Refrigerate until party then devour!



No comments:

Post a Comment