Monday, June 28, 2010

Momo Pie

The owner of Milk Bar in Manhattan, Momofuko, made a pie called Crack Pie.  It is so good you become addicted and can not stop eating it, hence the name Crack Pie.  I have seen this pie on the Food Network Channel, and read about it several times.  I decided to take a crack (hehe) at it. 


I know, it doesn't look like much, but it should be called wreck your panties pie, it is that good!  (Can I say that? Too much? Sorry, but seriously it's that good)  It's a bit hard to describe, besides totally addicting of course.  Most comments I got were that it tasted like pecan pie without the pecans or chess pie like.
I got the recipe from The Los Angeles Times I don't know if it's the original, I've heard Martha Stewert has a recipe for it on her website as well, but I found better reviews from this one.



2 comments:

  1. I was going to try to make this next week... holly hell. I would have to buy a lot of crap just to make it. Is it worth every penny? I am on the fence. I also like the fact that I am not a crack addict. And I also have enough laundry. Don't know if I can handle having wrecked undies. But if you say I must...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woth the laundry. It's pretty basic ingredients, just tons of eggs and butter. It's hard to tell when it's done, how jiggly is jiggly anyways? I used 9" pans, so it took longer. I cooked one longer then the other, and I think the one that set up more (but still 'jiggly' when I took out) was better. The other was still gooey even after being in fridge overnight, too sweet I think.

    ReplyDelete