Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pink Champagne Cupcakes

I just had my 30th birthday and I thought that was a perfect time to test out a pink champagne cupcake recipe that I've been holding onto for a while.  No, I didn't actually have to make my own birthday cake, I got an awesome death by chocolate cake made by my mother-not-in law.  I made the cupcake for a BBQ that we had the weekend after.
A friend of mine sent me the recipe, but it's from good-'ole Betty Crockerhttp://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/pink-champagne-cupcakes/26f6f790-0852-4bfc-8f73-8d4cfc8cf496
I prefer baking from scratch, but every once and a while you can find a good recipe using a box mix, (as long as it's tweaked a bit).  As usual I used less sugar in the frosting then it calls for, if you add it very slowly you can thicken your frosting without adding as much.  I also made mini cupcakes, nobody ever goes for the regular sized ones, but if you make mini everyone will try one- or five.  So you only have to bake for 5-7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment