Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cowboy Cake

I got these new stencils a while back that I have been wanting to try out.  My friend gave me a chocolate cake recipe that I have also been wanting to try, so yesterday morning while everyone was asleep, I thought it was the perfect time to get crafty.
The chocolate cake turned out delicious!  I thought about making a rootbeer float cake, but think I will save that for a cupcake.  I did however find a chocolate recipe that uses root beer. It was super yummy, but not very root beery. 
With the stencil I just used cocoa powder and a flat ended brush.  So easy and so cute!

Chocolate Frosting
5 ounces bittersweet choco, melted
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tea salt
7-10 tea rootbeer
5 cups powdered sugar

Mix (med-low) butter and cocoa powder
Add melted choco
Add salt
Alternate adding sugar and rootbeer
When all added mix on med-high until fluffy
Lick clean whisk, mmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment