Saturday, September 22, 2012

Skulls, crossbones, and glitter!

I have two reasons for this post. One, to show you these super cute cupcakes and pops I made for a little girls birthday party.
Terrible picture, I know, but cute cupcakes.  Also, the pops!  I was so happy with how they turned out.  They looked like they put on their little sequined black dress and was off to a cocktail party. 

Once again, terrible picture, but really they looked much better in real life. Glittery black pops, so fantastic.  On a side note, I don't like cake pops.  Not how they look, but taste.  They are doughy and not in a good cookie dough way, but in a gummy undercooked cake kind of way.  So I make brownie pops.  I just take cooked brownies and mold them into a ball.  They are already so moist that you don't need to add and frosting for binding.  Candy or chocolate covered brownies, yum!

The other reason for this post.  I had to mention the delicious cupcakes.  I'm talking crazy good.  I have mastered my chocolate cake and carrot recipe but have always had a hard time finding a good vanilla cake recipe.  They are always dry or taste like cornbread or too dense, or just blah.  Well after hundreds of recipes, I have finally found the one.  I'm in love. We might get married.  Me and Sweetopolita's Fluffy White Cake Recipe, it's true love. It's fluffy, moist, sweet, and perfect in every crumb.  Seriously, don't ever make any other recipe and never buy a box mix again.  It's pretty simple to make and SO amazingly good.  I have not just cheated but had a full on affair on my diet with this cake, and wolfed down 4 of these cupcakes since last night.  I can't help it they're insanely good. 
For the party I made this recipe adding mini chocolate chips (tossed in flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom), and a couple mini Chips Ahoy cookies.  I then topped it with my Italian Meringue Buttercream that I had added more mini chocolate chips to (sans flour coating). I might have to go polish off the last one that is sitting in my kitchen Yelling my name right now.  Excuse me.........

No comments:

Post a Comment