Thursday, February 9, 2012

Super Bowl Cupcakes

I grew up in the Bay Area, so of course I was excited to follow The 49ers successful run this year.  They didn't make it to Super Bowl, I contemplated being a poopy pants and refusing to watch the Super Bowl, but in the end I couldn't resist making some cupcakes and going to a game day party.  I've done the 'hamburger cupcakes' for the last few games, so this year I had to do something new.  Hot Wing Cupcakes.  Ya, kinda grossed me out too, but they were super fun to make and I kinda like the gross factor.  But really, the wings dipped in the buttercream- not all that bad.  The cakes on their own were kinda good too, spicy.  I found the recipe here:  http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2012/01/buffalo-chicken-super-bowl-cupcakes.html  I changed the frosting a bit, adding cream cheese and using half the amount of sugar it called for.   

No comments:

Post a Comment