Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Cowboy Birthday

My little cowboy turned 3 last month (!).  When I asked him what kind of a party he wanted first he said 'a blue one', okay I can work with that, then he said 'and a cowboy one.'  So we had a blue cowboy party. 
I wanted to do something a bit more grand and detailed for his cake, but I was having some serious problems with this one.  Every cake I made stuck to the pans, definitely time for some new ones, so I had to remake all of them which means I ran out of flour, of course.  I also used my Cricut for the first time, which is awesome but took HOURS to get the hang of.  At this point I was sadly over this cake.  I know, I know it's my own son's birthday and I just wanted to run to Safeway and buy an ice cream cake or something (gasp!)

I have to include some party pics cause they are so cute.  All the kids got cowboy hats, mustaches, bandannas, and Sheriff badges, they were so cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment