Thursday, May 20, 2010

Burger Cupcakes

I have made these several times in the past year or so.  I made them for a company picnic, my friend's birthday that has a thing for cheeseburger anything, and for Super Bowl Sunday, might even make them again this year for Father's Day.
They are so easy and delicious!  All you need is:
  • basic yellow cupcakes cut in half
  • brownies, cut in to patty shape using a biscuit cutter or anything handy
  • green, red, and yellow frosting.  The red and yellow frosting I just smeared onto cupcake bun and patty for the mustard and ketchup.  I used a leaf tip on a pastry bag for the green, but a sandwich baggy with the corner snipped works just fine.
  • sesame seeds
  • little bit of water to wet the tops of bun to make the seeds stick
  • tooth picks to hold all together and give authentic look
See, so easy and major crowd pleaser.  I think I will make them again soon, but this time add 'fries' on the side out of sugar cookies. 

1 comment:

  1. This idea is freaking adorable! I plan on making them for the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete