Friday, March 15, 2013

St Patrick's Day Truffles

Sometimes I am more excited about the packaging then the actual treat.  I have a weird addiction to bakery boxes, labels and just cute packaging.  For St Paddy's Day I had this idea to make gold truffles tucked away in some sort of rainbow box.  Then in honor of this Irish holiday I had to make some sort of boozy truffles.  I found a recipe for Salted Caramel Whiskey Truffles here, and that sounded perfect.  They were a bit soft for truffles.  I had to freeze the balls then roll them in gold luster dust.  Tasty though.  I also made some Irish Cream Truffles, for those I just made a basic ganache but replaced the heavy cream with Irish Cream. So simple, yet I know...brilliant.  These worked a bet better for forming truffles and definitely packed a boozy punch.  The Irish would be proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment