Monday, November 12, 2012

Pretty Pretty Cake

I don't have a whole lot to write about this cake, except I love it.  I used a new technique to coat the cake before covering it,(find the directions here) notice my nice symmetrical shape on it?  I covered the fondant in sugar to give it a pretty texture, it was much easier to do then I thought it would be.  I mixed powdered sugar with water and, working in sections, brushed that on the cake then poured sugar over.  I didn't even have to hold cake on it's side, just barely tilted it then poured down. 
The inside is chocolate cake layered with a dark chocolate mocha ganache and a raspberry Italian buttercream. 
Here's a close up of the flower.  Again, so simple.  Just used my biscuit cutters in 3 sizes, thinned out on the edges then let dry ob an egg carton.  The 'seeds' are jumbo black sprinkles I just happened to have.  I knew stock piling every kind of sprinkle would come in handy one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment