Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Texture Cake

There has been a big trend in texture cakes, so I figure I better get on the band wagon and figure out how to make them.  I do actually love the natural look, and I especially love how forgiving they are to make.  Although I'm trying to be more of a perfectionist and really try to make professional level cakes, these go along nicely with what my boyfriend used to call my slogan: "it's not just good.  It's good enough" Cute, I know. 
Here is my first attempt, keep in mind I did most of this with only one hand, seriously.  My daughter likes to nurse or be held 24/7 so I'm learning how to do pretty much anything with one hand, yes I am holding her as I write.  I find that if I put her on her boppy pillow and I lean forward I can do a lot at my table.  I also just used any random cakes I had in my freezer, which explains the slightly odd choice in sizing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment