Monday, April 30, 2012

Cookies and Cream Cake

This little cake had several makeovers.  I started off doing a floral technique, but didn't really like how it looked, then it got covered in fondant, then I tore that off and third times the charm, ended up with this sweet little cake.  This cake was being donated to St Mary's to be auctioned off so I really wanted to keep it mostly buttercream.  I think the majority of people don't know what to do with fondant, and I believe for people to want to bid on it, it needs to look beautiful and tasty.
This is a cookies and cream cake,:chocolate cake layered with vanilla bean buttercream mixed with crushed Oreo cookies.  There is a really great tutorial on this flower technique found here http://www.mycakeschool.com/blog/pretty-pink-flower-cake/

No comments:

Post a Comment