Thursday, September 22, 2011

Samoa Cupcakes

I Love girl scout cookies, especially the Samoas.  They are so sweet and salty and pretty much awesomeness.  I saw a recipe for Samoa cupcakes and it was love at first sight.  Here they are, my newest obsession....
After making these I had to run to the store, okay I'll admit it I went to go buy some chocolate syrup, I had destroyed my kitchen while making these and was out of pans, bowls, everything and was much too lazy to actually wash any dishes.  Annnnnyways, the point being when I walked back into my house it smelled like a big-ole box of Samoa Cookies.  Heaven. 

Cupcakes:
Mix together in large bowl:
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tea baking powder
1 1/2 tea baking soda
1 tea salt
Add:
2 eggs (room temp)
1 cup milk (room temp)
1/2 cup veg oil
1 tea vanilla
2 tea coconut flavoring (I used coconut emulsion)
Mix well then fold in:
1 cup packed coconut
Add:
1 (scant) cup boiling water
Bake 325 until done

Buttercream:
I used vanilla buttercream recipe (minus adding the vanilla)
add approx 2 tbl caramel to every cup of frosting

Top each cupcake with some toasted coconut, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and a tiny sprinkle of salt.



2 comments:

  1. I made about 50 mini's I've been handing them out where ever I can! The hint of salt makes them so addictive!

    ReplyDelete